Michael Paulson was born in Sioux Falls, SD. Michael received his undergraduate degree from St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN in 1996. He attended the University of South Dakota School of Law and received his J.D. degree in 2005.
Following law school, Michael served as Law Clerk to the Circuit Court of South Dakota, Fifth Judicial Circuit. Michael is admitted to practice in state and federal court in South Dakota, and is a member of the South Dakota Bar Association, the Second Circuit Bar Association, the American Bar Association and Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council. Michael has served as the Honorary Consul to Norway for South Dakota for the Royal Norwegian Consulate since 2009. Michael is also the President of Sons of Norway GJØA Lodge 1-065.
Michael's practice areas include Civil Litigation and Trial Practice, Business Organizations, Securities, Real Estate and Landlord-Tenant Law, Trusts, Wills, Estate Planning and Probate Administration. Michael and his wife, Veronica, have three children, Anders, Berit and Henrik.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate and Business Organization
- Real Estate and Landlord/Tenant
- Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning and Probate Administration
- Business and Securities
- South Dakota, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 2008
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 2005
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: English and Norwegian
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Dakota Bar Association, Member, 2006 to 2016
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2006 to 2016
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council, 2001 to Present