Martin P. Oyos
- Of Counsel
Martin guides clients of all ages through the development of estate plans, including wills and trusts, estate and trust administration, conservatorships and guardianships, pre-nuptial agreements and special needs trusts.
He also works with clients in the formation of businesses and business transactions, including the sale, acquisition or merger of businesses. With over two decades of experience, he provides a depth of knowledge in advising business owners on day to day issues that arise in the operation of a business.
Martin is an active member of First Lutheran Church and has served in various leadership positions with several charitable and non-profit organizations, including First Lutheran Church, Habitat for Humanity, Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council and the Center for Wester Studies at Augustana University.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Real Estate
- Non-profit law
- South Dakota, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 1990
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- Augustana University, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Estate Planning Essentials, Osher Life Long Learning, 2014 to 2014
- Estate Planning, Center for Active Generations, 2012 to 2016
Honors and Awards
- Accredited Estate Planner - National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council, President, 2016 to 2017
- State Bar of South Dakota