- Of Counsel
Howard W. Paulson was born in Volga, South Dakota. He received his undergraduate degree from South Dakota State College in 1958 and a Master's degree from the University of Colorado in 1964. He served in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1958-1969.
Howard taught history at Washington Senior High School for seven years and Sioux Falls College for seven years before attending law school. He received his J.D. degree from University of South Dakota School of Law in 1977. He served as Law Clerk to the Circuit Court of South Dakota, Second Judicial Circuit, from 1977-1978. Howard was the official Consul for Norway in South Dakota for 26 years.
Howard's areas of practice are general civil practice with emphasis on Real Estate Law, Elder Law, Social Security, Trusts, Wills, Estate Planning and Probate.
Contact Howard via email: [email protected]
Areas of Practice
- Trusts, Wills and Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- South Dakota, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 1977
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 1977
- South Dakota State University,, Brookings, South Dakota
- B. S. - 1958
- Major: History
- Presenter - Estate Planning Topics, 1978 to 2016
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council, Present
- American Bar Association, 1977 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Sioux Falls College, Professor, 1967 to 1974
- Sioux Falls Public Schools, Teacher, 1959 to 1967